Tuesday, April 5, 2011

The Southern Life


New Smyrna Beach, FL
Growing up in the South has had its advantages, and I can say that I am proud to be a G.R.I.T. (Girl Raised in the South).  I've had the opportunity to see and do many distinctly "Southern" things, and those have truly affected my outlook on life, and my life in general.  People may think that all Southerners are rednecks, hicks, uneducated or backwards, but most of us aren't.  We just happen to say "y'all", act politely to people we may or may not know and love Sweet Tea.
View from Rock Coty

If you want to learn about more Southern traditions that you should experience, this story from Southern Living is for you.  Personally, I've done about half of the items on the list, and I hope to do the rest before I die (except yell "War Eagle"...I'm a Georgia Bulldawg through and through).

And, if you're from the South, I want to know what you would add to this list?  Perhaps it's going to see a Braves game or visiting Rock City in Chattanooga.  What's your Southern tradition?
 
Atlanta Braves
                            

No comments:

Post a Comment