Thursday, March 17, 2011

EduPlay

When people think of museums, they often think of history, and often times they are also associated with the adjective boring.  However, some museums are trying to liven things up by creating kids museums.  These museums are designed for kids, they educate and entertain in a way that children understand and love.

I think this is a great idea.  I know I went to a couple of kids museums with my grandparents when I was younger, and I loved them.  At these museums, kids get to explore, create, play and so much more and they are learning without realizing they are.  This type of hands-on, engaging entertainment is definitely worth the price.  Kids don't want to go to boring history museums for the most part, and parents don't want to pay for something their kids won't enjoy, especially in this economy.

So next time you need some entertainment for your children or the children you babysit, think of finding a local kids museum.  Chances are, there is one nearby, and if not, an educational road trip can be fun too.

No comments:

Post a Comment