Monday, March 14, 2011

Good Dog

As a dog lover, when I come across stories about heroic or extra-ordinary dogs, it touches my heart.  I think all dogs are special, they provide us humans with so much joy and compassion, and ask for very little in return.  They make great companions for anyone and everyone.  In Athens, where I go to school, we have a Guide Dog Foundation nearby, so at least once a day I see a college student and their guide dog in training around campus.  I wish I had done the program, but I wasn't sure if I would become too attached to the dog, and not want to give it up.  I know now that I could, knowing that the dog would go on to do something great like this video talks about.  This partially blind man has not only one, but two, guide dogs. He acquired the second after his first went blind, and needed a guide dog of its own.  This story is short, but touching, and I think it demonstrates the true power of love.

No comments:

Post a Comment